Charter Communications merged with Bright House Network and Time Warner Cable in 2016. Due to this merger, a new company was born named Spectrum. Now Spectrum uses the networks of all those companies and is providing telecommunication services like Internet, Cable TV, home phone, and Mobile phone.
Since that integration, Spectrum has expanded and is now available in 44 states across the U.S. They have almost 100 million customers nationwide while attracting new ones every day because of their reliable connectivity, and historically proven track record of glitch-free services. The extensive network that has come Spectrum has allowed for clear HD graphics and Wi-Fi hotspots that are spread nationwide. Additionally, there are no data caps and limitless talk time without extra costs or hidden fees.
After the Bright House merger, Spectrum has become the third-largest ISP in America and is gaining more popularity due to easy tiered plans, individual packages, and bundle deals. All of the services that the Bright House Network was offering are now being offered under Spectrum’s name. Moreover, the existing Bright House customers can avail all of Spectrum’s plans Since that integration, Charter Spectrum has expanded and is now available in 44 states across the U.S.
We’re going to look at the individual as well as bundled plans and their prices that Bright House Networks is offering and charging. We now know them as the Spectrum cable tv plans.
TV Only Plans
|TV plan||No. of channels||Prices|
|Spectrum TV Select||125+ channels||$44.99/mo. for 12 months|
|Spectrum TV Silver||175+ channels||$69.99/mo. for 12 months|
|Spectrum TV Gold||200+ channels||$89.99/mo. for 12 months|
|Plan||Download speed||No. of channels||Home phone||Price|
|Double Play Select||Up to 200 Mbps||125+ channels||N/A||$89.98/month|
|Double Play Silver||Up to 200 Mbps||175+ channels||N/A||$114.98/month|
|Double Play Gold||Up to 200 Mbps||200+ channels||N/A||$139.98/month|
|Triple Play Select||Up to 200 Mbps||125+ channels||Unlimited nationwide calling||$99.97/month|
|Triple Play Silver||Up to 200 Mbps||175+ channels||Unlimited nationwide calling||$129.97/month|
|Triple Play Gold||Up to 200 Mbps||200+ channels||Unlimited nationwide calling||$144.97/month|
The wireless speeds may vary due to weather changes and the prices are starting from the above-mentioned rates and fixed for the first year of usage.
Services Offered In the Mentioned Plans
- Including the said channel lineup, Spectrum users can also customize any of these packages by adding some of their favorite channels at a monthly cost of almost $9 per month for each channel.
- Customers may not find it necessary to do that as there are quite a lot of additional features with their high-end bundle packages.
- Spectrum Cable tv already offers STARZ, TMC, STARZ ENCORE, and NFL Network, HBO, AND SHOWTIME.
- They are also offering thousands of shows and movies with their free On-Demand service and a free modem with all of your internet deals.
- These packages include Free HD channels and free access to Spectrum TV App. So, don’t waste your time or energy trying to find an SD channel that is just a blurred-out version of the real deal. With the Spectrum TV App, you can stream your favorite channels as well as the complete lineup of your listed TV channels on any of the on-the-go devices that you have at home. You can also get to see around 50,000 on-demand titles from the comfort of your location. Just download the TV App and either choose in-home viewing or select their on-the-go option. It will be great during traveling.
- You can connect to your favorite streaming service from wherever there is a Spectrum Wi-Fi hotspot available.
- One of the biggest reasons behind people opting for Cable TV is usually because they are sports buffs. With any of the above packages, you get a chance to see your favorite game, played live on air.
- Spectrum uses a network of hybrid fiber-coaxial cables. They are more reliable than the DSL but less sturdy than fiber-optic. One reason behind them being the choice for ISPs is their price. They are relatively cheaper than fiber. A downside that you may face is that data speeds may get slow due to shared bandwidth. But that only happens around once a day at peak hours. However, most users will find data speeds to be good enough for anything they want to do.
- One downside that one may experience with Bright House or Spectrum is that they might offer variable prices according to the area. Different options have different plans available to them. So, before deciding on a bundle, compare the prices to know exactly how much you’re paying.
- There is a DVR included with Spectrum tv plans for a monthly rent of $4.99 per month which is almost fair in comparison with other ISPs. If you want more DVRs then 3 to 4 will cost $9.99 per month. It can record up to 21 hours of HD recording but allows the consumer to record just two shows at a time.
We think that Spectrum or Bright House tv is worth opting for due to its amazing lineup of HD channels, the option for customization, the contract-free opportunity as well as their budget-friendly pricing.